Do you believe that every child deserves a strong start to a strong future? Do you want to make a difference for Cincinnati families? We need you on our team!
Cincinnati Preschool Promise is accepting applications for its Program & Policy Manager position. This person will be responsible for developing policy insights from Cincinnati Preschool Promise practice and research work, and coordinating policy engagement and communications with key stakeholders.
Interested? Apply here or read more below.
PROGRAM & POLICY MANAGER
In November 2016, voters in Cincinnati approved a new tax levy to fund a preschool expansion with the hopes of eventually extending quality preschool availability to all Cincinnati families. Cincinnati Preschool Promise (CPP) was created to manage many of the processes that will be necessary to execute this expansion of preschool coverage. CPP will need a Program & Policy Manager to coordinate projects, and develop and monitor all related policies and processes.
The Program & Policy Manager will be responsible for developing policy insights from CPP practice and research work, and coordinating policy engagement and communications with key stakeholders. They will develop and maintain policy position papers on key strategic objectives, including the competitive wage work, defined as ensuring that participating preschool programs can hire and retain good teachers and provide quality preschool education. The position will serve as liaison to the Cincinnati Public Schools Workforce Development Council, and to the Cincinnati Early Childhood Education Community Stakeholders group. They will also lead research contractors and other community partners in the development and execution of analytical activities to provide information and tools for strategic decision making and planning.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide briefings to CPP Team and Board on any relevant policy changes or implications for CPP
- Lead competitive wage work
- Serve as staff member to Cost of Quality Committee of the Board
- Serve as CPP liaison to the Cincinnati Public School’s Workforce Development Council
- Serve as CPP liaison to the Early Childhood Education Stakeholders group
- Provide oversight to MetrixIQ contract and relationship
- Establish and maintain dashboard to track CPP progress
- Provide oversight to OSU Crane Evaluation contract and relationship
- Serve as CPP liaison to Cincinnati Public School Evaluation Department
- Advance CPP’s ability to report program results
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred; ideal candidates will have education and/or experience relating to early childhood education or a related field
- Certification and/or extensive experience in project management
- Experience in translating business analytics and integration of data from multiple data systems into learning and policy
- Cultural fluency and ability to interact with people of all backgrounds
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential circumstances
- Ability to field inquiries and manage customer relations with a high level of customer service
- Ability to implement and manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong written and communication skills and detail-orientation
- Enthusiasm for the CPP mission of expanding quality preschool coverage and growing the pipeline of dedicated and skilled preschool educators
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office and Google programs
Applicants should apply by June 15, 2018.